Monday 22 April 2013

Teddy Bears, eyes right!


I have a small cache of Victorian black boot buttons which were used for traditional teddy bear eyes.  I believe they are made of papier mache and then varnished with a sort of lacquer and they have wire rings for sewing on the boots.  Anyway, I have 1 doz. if they are useful to any soft toy maker and they are £5 the lot plus any postage and include a pair of larger glass eyes which might belong to a large toy animal which I throw in! In addition there are three tiniest 3 hole buttonstwo white 1 black, for dolls clothes free plus postage!  They will be on sale otherwise at my grand clearance sale here in Bradford on Avon on Sunday May 19th at the Masons Hall, Church Street.  I am turning out my workshop after retiring and there are quite a lot of curtain fittings and draw-string tapes (Ruflette) to go.  NOT VERY EXCITING (AND NOT EXPENSIVE) BUT I
1 doz.black boot buttons and a pair of BIG EYES
CANNOT THROW USEFUL THINGS AWAY!  If you are a craft worker you would probably like all the one-off samples that three well-known designers are selling at my fair, original, documents going back  about 50/60 years, so very collectable if you are into mid century modern!  See also my own collection of  pretty red/cream striped furnishing French tickings, so good for craft work! There are Russian vintage textiles from a noble family, ideal for an oligarch if you happen to know one!    If you like embroidery there is a life-long collection of hand embroidered and coloured linen tablecloths and napkins, all unused and lovely wedding presents, all from Mediterranean islands pre-war.  The sale will be a very interesting one as most of the sellers are life-long collectors and have not taken part in a trade fair before!  Help them to clear the decks!  contact me at Email:   dbaer@onetel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment